Promote the College of Eastern MedicineGive Now
COLLEGE OF EASTERN MEDICINE WE ARE PIONEERS
The College of Eastern Medicine (CEM) is located at the Southern California University of Health Sciences (SCU). SCU is a private, not-for-profit, and WASC/WSCUC accredited healthcare university.
CEM at SCU is pioneering a fundamentally new and integrated approach of educating Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine practitioners for the 21st century—practitioners who are committed to excellence in outcome-focused and team-based patient care. CEM students receive a state-of-the-art education in traditional Eastern medicine while taking inter-professional bioscience and Western clinical medicine courses with students in other SCU professional healthcare programs. This inter-professional study is designed with the intention of building future partnerships to provide truly integrative and collaborative healthcare to patients.
CEM was the first in the United States to offer the new Doctor (PD) program in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. Students enter with 90 units of undergraduate education, including specific science courses and graduate after 10 terms with an accredited doctoral degree.
The College of Eastern Medicine is committed to providing students with an excellent education in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, and evidence-based, patient-focused, integrative healthcare.
Our mission, vision and goals are simple
The mission of CEM is to provide students with a quality education in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, emphasizing health promotion and integrative health care.
To be recognized as the premier institution in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine education and integrative healthcare.
- Provide outstanding education in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Train students to become knowledgeable, competent, conscientious, and committed health care providers emphasizing holistic and integrative approaches.
- Promote and encourage Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine research activities among faculty and students.
- Foster evidence-based practices and life-long learning skills.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE WILL
Kwan Care & Love Foundation$500,000
EXTENDING OUR REACH
SCU’s College of Eastern Medicine is collaborating with universities worldwide.
- University of California, Irvine
- California State University, Fullerton
- University of Southern California
- Loma Linda University
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Chang Gung Medical University
- China Medical University